When it comes to free weights, dumbbells are among the most versatile any workout enthusiast can own. They are the kind of weights that can be used by novices and veteran weight lifters alike. Whether you are looking for something simple for the home gym or you want to start your journey towards professional weight lifting, owning a few of these versatile exercising weights. But, with all these choices out there, which kind of dumbbells should you buy? This list of the top 5 cheap dumbbells will give you some excellent options to consider.
Why should you use dumbbells?
Although the list we have compiled gives you amazing choices when it comes to affordable free weights, just buying something for the sake of it is not exactly the most pragmatic of choices. It is understandable that you would want to buy something for your home gym because you either want to lose weight and tone up or you want to gain some weight all the while staying in shape. Having an idea as to why you are buying anyone of these top 5 cheap dumbbells would be a great start towards finding the right one for your needs. With that in mind, here are some excellent reasons why you should consider buying dumbbells.
- · They are versatile: When it comes down to it, dumbbells are extremely versatile and can be used for a wide variety of toning and bodybuilding exercises. This makes them some of the most effective free weights you can possibly buy.
- · They are virtually indestructible: Depending on the type of dumbbell you choose, you will have a virtually indestructible piece of workout equipment that will last you a very long time. This also means that you can use them both indoors and outdoors.
- · They are quite affordable: As this list of top 5 cheap dumbbells will show, these are some of the most affordable free weights on the market.
- · They offer your muscles more challenge: With dumbbells, you always have tens if not hundreds of variations to any given workout. This keeps your muscles challenged and keep you from plateauing and flattening out.
- · They help you build more strength: Because these free weights offer a wide range of motion during your workout sessions, they help you build more strength faster.
- · They make you more flexible: With dumbbells, you will not be stuck on a mundane up and down motion when exercising. The wide range of motion achieved with these pieces of equipment allows for flexibility and an improvement on your own muscular range of motion.
These are just some of the wonderful reasons why you should consider owning dumbbells if you are serious about your workout. With all that being said, here is the list of top 5 cheap dumbbells that you can buy today and get down to building those awesome guns and god-like body.
Top 5 Cheap Dumbbells
40lbs Adjustable Dumbbells by Yes4All
These easy to use Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells are some of the most affordable in the market today. This is a traditional set of dumbbells that come in quite a wide range of sizes including the 40lbs to 105lbs. The prices tend to vary depending on the weight class you want to own, but all of them come with beautiful chrome handles that make up part of the overall weight.
· The 40lbs come with two handles, 3-pound plates (4 of these), 5-pound plates (4 of these) as well as 4 collars.
· The collars are all threaded so they can securely fit to handles.
This option is good for novice users as well as power users alike.
Fitness Republic Neoprene Coated Dumbbells Set
This is by far one of the best set of dumbbells for women. The Neoprene Hand Weights for women come with a rack which makes them easy to have and store in one convenient place. They also come with some wonderful extras such as an instructional DVD as well as an exercise chart. They come in different sets including:
· 2, 3lbs weights.
· 2, 5lbs weights.
· 2, 8lbs weights.
This gives you a set of six, easy to use dumbbells that are perfect for women.
CAP Barbell SDPP-020 Dumbbells
If you are a fan of Hex gym weights, then getting one of these should be at the top of your list. This CAP Barbell SDPP-020 comes as a 10lbs pair and are color coated. This means that you can now choose from a wide range of colors including pink, black, green and so on. This makes this option a great one for women as well. They also come in a range of pounds from 5 – 25lbs. One of the biggest advantages that these Hex gym weights have in the market is that they are affordable and that the rubber does not smell as strange as others in its class do.
Tone Fitness 20lbs Dumbbells
These Hourglass Shaped Dumbbells are without any doubt some of the most popular models in the market today; at least with women. This set comes with 3 pairs of easy to use dumbbells. These include 2,3,5lbs weights made out of the durable and popular neoprene materials. That is why these dumbbells are good enough for the indoors and outdoors. They are also very easy to handle because of their hard to miss hourglass shape.
Unipack: One Pair Adjustable Dumbbells Cast Iron Total
These dumbbells from Unipack have to be some of the heaviest dumbbells on this top 5 cheap dumbbells. The weights come as 2, 52.5lbs bells as well as textured solid chrome handles. When you buy this set, you get:
· Eight 5lbs.
· Two 2.5lbs.
· Two 1.25lbs.
All these plates are made out of cast iron which makes them highly durable. These adjustable dumbbells can be as light as 5lbs all the way to 52.5lbs.
And there you have it, a list of the top 5 cheap dumbbells in the market. If you are serious about giving this fitness thing a real go, then you really should own a pair of dumbbells. Adjustable dumbbells tend to be the better option because of the kind of range they give you as far as weight options are concerned. That, however, doesn’t mean that you should ignore all the other options. Choose the type of free weight dumbbells you feel suit your purposes well and fall well within your budget.